TL;DR | information in a nutshell
- global music theatre competition
- first productions of new works premiered between July 1st 2018 and June 30th 2021
- submit between April 1st 2021 and June 30th 2021
- online application form and full video recording of work (or adequate presentation of event in case of interactive experience)
- invitations to international festivals and venues as guest performances, online presentation and live pitches
- jury selection by internationally renowned professionals from the field
DEADLINE FOR THIS EDITION OF MTNOW IS JUNE 30TH.
Music theatre productions which had premiered between July 2018 and June 2021 are eligible for the current edition of the competition.
Music Theatre NOW (MTNOW) is the premier competition for first productions of new works, which have been professionally created anywhere in the world.
Due to the current worldwide situation that challenges the performing arts, the Music Theatre NOW competition is for the first time open to all forms of multi- and intermedia presentations – including interactive online works, live audio experiences and of course staged performances – as long as they integrate a performative aspect.
However, the competition does not allow entries that are re-workings or reinterpretations of existing music, operas or music theatre. Works such as these MAY NOT be submitted, with the exception of original musical compositions that include samples.
Our idea of music theatre is as wide as possible and encourages interdisciplinary submissions where music plays a dominant role from all parts of the world to take part – independently from the musical and theatrical tradition, their form of staging or presentation and their means of professional production.
A jury of five internationally acclaimed music theatre professionals will select at least 6 outstanding productions.